I had the pleasure of attending the Chicagoland Underground Social Media Society event last night. Kim Redd of @reddsmitty fame (and in the day, selling RapLeaf) gave a great presentation on Twitter. Entitled "14 Insane twitter Tips for Business & Other Social Media Nuggets". Here were the tips:
- Follow everyone back .. Yes, even the porn stars
- Your Avatar? Your Headshot!
- Add YOUR name to the profile
- Engage your followers
- Find more followers
- Be Thankful
- DO NOT USE AUTO D.M.s
- Never use DMs for pitching products or offers
- Tweet conservatively - The internet is permanent
- Compliment others, generously
- Schedule a TweetUp - Meet the people you talk to on-line
- Use Tools
Great tips for people new to social media. Great review for the rest of us.
She had more to share, but I will link to her presentation on SlideShare (once she posts it of course)